Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year - Same Goals

Well 2010 is here and it brings with it the same goals and issues of the past several unfortunatly.

I hope all had a safe and enjoyable NYE celebration, big or small. I was out of town for the weekend and NYE, but I came home to fine out that the New Years Eve celebration in downtown GR had drawn over 30,000 people. Adrienne and I do slightly regret deciding not to head down there as that must have been quite an interesting sight.

Well, I'm still looking for a job in my field. The truth is I feel as though I don't specialize, or am an expert in any aspect of my degree. I have a great education with two internships under my belt. However the market since I have graduated has dictated that experience and specialization is the key. I'm struggling with finding a way to get that oh so precious experience.

Having done two unpaid internships, the time for that is over unless I can find a part-time one that will allow me to work to pay my bills at the same time while not lose my sanity from taking on too much. As much as I would love to go to grad school, all my job-searching has shown employers asking for anywhere between 4-9 years of experience post-internship. I figure a masters looks great, except where's the work experience? It would mean me continuing on my career path better than I am now, the problem is that I need to start making enough money to be paying off my current undergrad loans rather than adding more onto the mountain.

I'm trying to network, so if you know someone shout me one! I'd love ya forever.

I gotta look for sub jobs for tommorow. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment