Friday, December 18, 2009

Impromtu Christmas Break

Morning All! I wanted to add this earlier in the week but got tied up.

I learned this Monday that I would have the next two weeks off without work. I, of course, am a substitute teacher and it's time for Holiday/Christmas/Winter break for schools for two weeks. I was hoping to pick up some shifts at my seasonal job over these next two weeks to have some income, so there would be less of a disruption. All was going fine and dandy and looking like I'd be used over break.

Monday afternoon I was informed that due to budget and lower sales this time of year than summer (duh!), they would not be bringing any seasonal people in over the next couple weeks.

Fail.

So now I have a lot of time on my hands, and I'm going to have a LOT less money next month. Trying to figure out what to do about the situation will be interesting to say the least.

I think this is a sign from God that I need to find a more steady form of income than two seasonal jobs while I search for something in my degree field, no matter how important to society the current one is.

Since regular teachers are not allowed to take today (the last day of school before break) off without penalty of income, there are no slots open. So today is my first day of break. I'm happy for the time, but I'd like the money more FYI.

Damn details.

No comments:

Post a Comment