Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Randomness

Well we're winding down the weekend here, and I've got a few thoughts from the past few days.

Incidentally had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week off from work, which included a little road trip for a wonderful change of scenery for several days. Hard to believe that it's already Sunday evening! Weekends go by too fast, even extended ones.

Had a great day yesterday, went out to Allendale and helped a friend work on a fence before heading over to campus to tailgate for the homecoming football game.

Today: Quite lazy and unproductive to start, then I decided to get off my rear and go running around 5pm. It always amazes me how much better one can feel after getting in even some light excercise. I really ought to make a concerted effort to excercise more. I had a great regiment in college and I really got away from it.

So, if you're reading this, you likely are familiar with Facebook. With that made apparent, what the HELL is the deal with all the moronic games on Facebook?! For example, there is one called Farmville. I have no clue how you play, but I assume it is somewhat along the lines of SimCity, where you have to maintain your farm with all that is entailed. So why does the game have graphics designed for 11 year old girls while the writing matches that of kindergarten level story books? Here however is the most maddening part. Why do they show up in my news feed?! I sure as hell don't want to know about a "Lonely brown cow or black sheep" on your stupid farm!!

I can understand updating your personal status with what you are doing, but this is simply a waste. Next question; does the game automatically send and show these "updates" or does the player need to choose an option to, say, "show updates in news feed"? It has gotten out of control in my eyes and taken away from the enjoyment that Facebook provides. Maybe I'm an "old timer" in Gen Y, but it's not necessary.

One thing I can assure you of, is that the creators are quite wealthy because of it.

Thanks for letting me rant tonight and until next time, keep your stick on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment