Saturday, October 24, 2009

Waiting for the Good Stuff!

Yes, yes, I know it's been a few days since I've updated. I'd been waiting for the weekend as I knew I'd have the good stuff to post!

So, let's begin Friday night. My friend's Dan, Eric and I decide to join the Grand Rapids Griffins for their 14th season opener. For the 14th year, it's a sell out. For the first time in those 14 years, it happens to be a $1 beer and hot-dog night...SCORE.

A wonderful back and fourth game saw the home-team coming away with a 5-3 win.

Switching gears momentarily, the Griffins decided to give out 5,000 glow-in-the-dark plastic mugs at the game. They looked great during the intro, glowing all over the stands. But with 4 seconds to go in the game, as the Griffins scored an empty-net goal, almost all 5,000 mugs rained down upon the ice, most of them breaking spilling their glow-in-the-dark liguid all over the ice. Bottom line: Embarrassing yet entertaining. Management MUST see these things coming in the future. Keep the $1 beer, be more head-up about what night you have what giveaway.

Now on to today, Saturday. At 7 am EST my friends Erica, Eric S. and I travelled to Ashland, Ohio to follow our alma-mater, the GVSU Lakers play the Eagles of Ashland University. Less-than-desireable weather conditions could not stimey the Lakers, as they drove for a 34-7 week 9 win to pull their record to 8-1 on the year. After spending a quite chilly 2.5 hours in wind and moderate rain, we piled back into the Saturn Aura to head home. First stop was a small and VERY old cemetary in the middle of no-where we noticed on the way down. Eric wanted pictures and we both wanted to explore for a few minutes. Very old, (mid-early 1800's!!) and creepy to boot! I want to share some pictures with you as soon as I have them!

The drive home continued through Ann Arbor just as the UofM game was getting out, so traffic on 23 was heavy, with many, many major accidents making the drive a tense one. Shortly after 9pm EST, we arrived safely back in Grand Rapids.

Aside from a lazy day tommorow, this hopefully concludes the major excitement for the weekend.

Take care all and I hope to have some phot'o's for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment