Thursday, April 22, 2010

Consistency is a Beautiful Thing!

Today while on my lunch break at work I was simply taking the moment to sit down and let my brain cool down after several lessons. My phone lights up, it's a certain school that I teach at (my favorite one by the way). I figure they're changing something with my schedule in the upcoming week. I answer, and as always am greeted by the secretary whom I've known for a lot longer than I like to admit answers.

"Hey Pete, how'd you like to work here everyday of the week for the rest of the year guarenteed?"

"Full days?...", I ask in baited tone.

"You bet."

That was all I needed to hear. So for the first time in my teaching experience I do not have to take the time and effort to search for another sub-job. Period...for the rest of the year. Am I with one single class? Nope, however I know the whole school, so there are no surprises and the kids and staff all know me. Again, why it's my favorite.

This comes as a huge relief to me for the next month and little more. However if may mean that since I am under contract until June 10th, my summer employer may not have a position for me. We'll cross that bridge when we get there I figure.
Thank you Gail and Trish for making this happen and whomever else put in a word! You've made my life the next month so much easier!

Consistency is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment