Monday, February 22, 2010

Some Things Never Change...

So last week we talked about changes right? Well, today I was reminded that some things never change.

I went to visit a career counselor at Grand Valley today, and she really thought that I ought to stay in my degree field and not pursue a completely new degree. Now, it's been almost three years since college graduation and anyone who knows me knows just what my job search results have been in those three years. Seeing her response and recommendation, I was left feeling a little befuddled. She recommened sites that I had already used in the past with less than satisfactory results, or one's I am currently using. Insanity can be described as trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Hmmm...

After our conversation I am however really considering taking steps to get either an MBA or an MPA (Master's in Public Administration). I would like to see what opportunities are out there for me if I decide to pursue grad school, as I see a pretty weak playing field as it stands right now with just my bachelor's.

I don't mean to keep this so short, but it's all that's been on my mind along with a couple others things I won't get into.

Have a great Monday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment