Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Saw The Writing on the Wall

So last night I went out with some friends and had a damn good time. They were going to an Uncle Kracker concert, and since I'm not a fan I wasn't going to go. Since one of them photographs shows for the venue, he could get us in free. While at dinner downtown, they convinced me to go. I'm glad I did, because one of the opening bands won my heart. They are Rehab, from Georgia. They are a large, interracial band that covers a wide range of sound. They have three guitarists, a lead singer, vocalist, drummer and a guy working a turntable and keyboard.

They seem to follow the trend started by Linkin Park, and they do a damn good job at it. They played songs ranging from a rap battle to something resambling Blues Traveller and a hard-rock jam session with some crunchy guitars. Their talent and versatility impressed me, as well as their no BS approach. They tour nationally, but still have the raw sense of a band not being restrained in what they say by a national label.

Here's a sample of their work, I really dig the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment